Installation work stages
It depends on the window installation whether the window will fulfill its purpose – to conserve warmth and ensure a pleasant atmosphere in the house.
The most crucial moment in the process of windows replacement is the correct measurements.
Window measurements are made by the company’s specialist. Not only heat-insulating and soundproof features depend from the quality of installation, but also durability and convenient use.
Instructions for the preparation to the installation works.
- Furniture that is placed near the window needs to be relocated to another location or carefully covered.
- Cover the floor with the construction film plastic sheeting and secure it. If possible, place a cardboard or plywood under the film, since it is possible for heavy object to fall from the window opening during installation works and damage the floor.
- During dismantling of old windows the fine dust penetrates into the room that can seriously damage the radiators, video and computer equipment. If possible, these things must be carefully covered with plastic sheeting.
Construction works consist of the following stages:
- removing of the old windows;
- new profiles are placed in the openings (without the glass panes and sashes);
- alignment of the frames. No matter how wide a gap is, the frames are placed in a strict compliance with the measuring instruments readings;
- structure is fixed in the opening by special fasteners;
- junction of the window and opening is sealed with the polyurethane sealing foam;
- installation of sashes and glazing units;
- internal window sills are being installed;
- sealing of joints;
- accessories inspection;
- removing of the protective film from the profiles;
When the works are finished, you must sign the commissioning act.
Installation works are possible in winter as well, unless the temperature drops below 10 degrees. In winter period a special winter PU-foam is used for installation works.